During the last few years I’ve been practicing anatomy by attending live drawing classes. And although I made hundreds of sketches, I never really came around to actually make a more refined illustration of a just a model. I think i’ts because I have the strong urge to mix everything up with all kinds of fantasy costumes/designs etc. Anyway, I tried to avoid that this time, so here are some simple nude-illustrations. Enjoy!
I’ve worked on over 40 different projects in the last few years and lately I felt the need to collect all that work in a presentable way. So I made this very old-school paper artbook! Here’s an impression of the book and it’s contents:
The book contains 216 pages, and all projects have a short introduction and some comments. It contains comic work, animation work, concept art, game art, live-model drawings and roleplay art.
-PS. Sorry, it’s just one copy, so it’s not for sale!
This is the last cover I made for the ‘Bieb bende’ (Library gang) book series. It’s always an interesting challenge to make a cover that wraps around the entire book & looks good everywhere. Here you can see the things I have to take in account when designing these covers. Enjoy!
The entire first printrun is almost sold out and we are currently prepearing an update of the game for a second print. We have tweaked our rules and cards a bit to create more interaction and fun during play. And we are also considering to add a couple of new cards to the game The game might even be upgraded to a deluxe version!
Here you can see an impression movie of the theme of the game:
This movie gives a detailed explanation of the game rules; you will be able to play the game once you have seen this
For my last(mini) D&D campaign I made several detailed maps. I mainly made these in ’3D’ to prevent all kinds of delays during play, often comming from questions like: What height was the ceiling again,… can I jump over that monster or not?’ Etc.
There are also 3 more maps that belong to this story, which I hope to combine with the story itself in a PDF. If I ever find the time, I will try to finish that. But for now I felt like sharing these. enjoy!
(click to enlarge)
Het Guys! Here’s a another game I worked on – this was back in in 2013. It’s just been oficially released and is (now) called ‘The biking Dead’. It’s basically a game where you ride a bike and hope to survive till the end of the track. The art briefing was to put more then average quality in the game, but it had to be done with a limited buget (that’s a pretty much my standard briefing I must say). In this case I made the art for a first time-developer, who quit his job to start making games; which I thought was cool – so I was happy to be able to help.
CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES
So with the briefing in mind I developed a style for the game that had details in the characters & far backgrounds; because the characters would reappear everywhere & the backgrounds were tileable. And the track would be kept simple; we eventually decided to use shillouettes because it’s very easy to build tracks with. Below you see an example I made, where all elements are put together; the image below has aprox. the size of 6 screens. The paralaxing of foreground & background elements, while biking, should make the scene extra interesting & also help to indicte your speed. Initially my idea was to show that with special FX (see first image) but that proved to be to hard to implement.
CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES
So these were a few elements I made for the game. What you don’t see here are a lot of menu screens, 3 extra levels & an extra set of costumes for the characters; in the end I worked for 20 days on the entire project.
As a freelance artis I’m also always involved at the very start of a project. So when I was done making the art, the game was further developed for about 2 more years. And so to me it’s always a bit of a surprise to see how things change over time Well, here you can see the final result: